We are half way through January. Are you on track with your New Year’s Resolutions?
In 2014, a study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology found that only 8% of New Year’s resolutions are successful. While the study looked specifically at weight loss and improved fitness, the same can be said for improving skin health and correcting the visible signs of UV damage and aging on skin.
How do you make your skin health resolutions successful in 2015?
Use these five key tips and watch your resolutions become radiant.
1. Set a Goal– This is the foundation for success. According to the study, the best goal is one that is a few months away, so that you can still make a difference. Your goal can be: less frown lines in time for a special Valentine’s dinner, smoother skin before your best-friend’s spring or summer wedding, or looking 5 years younger before spring parties or reunions.
2. Be Realistic– Our philosophy at SkinMD is to institute a sustainable program that fits effortlessly into your schedule. We do not advocate that you go from no skincare home regimen or procedures to Retinol 1% and a MaxFX UltraPulse CO2 treatment!
3. Get Social– Get in touch with one or a few friends and get skin healthy together! You don’t even have to be in the same city or state. Coordinate the timing of your procedures so you can track your progress together. Take your picture and chat about what steps you are taking to reach your skin health resolutions.
4. SMILE!– SkinMD Staff can’t get enough of smiling patients leaving the office with improved skin and a rejuvenated look. We have lost count of the exclamations of WOW! patients emit when they look in the mirror after a therapeutic facial, neuromodulator or dermal filler treatment. So start smiling before you come in for your treatment and you will be grinning from ear to ear when you leave.
5. If You Commit, You Won’t Quit– We understand that project deadlines, kids schedules and other family obligations can easily derail your best efforts. However, when we make yourself accountable to to a third party, you increase your chances of success. With baseline pictures, a home care regimen and office procedures and Rachel and Zeynep reminding you to come in for your follow-up visits, SkinMD will make sure your skin health resolutions are primed for success.