Challenged with how to care for your skin during summertime activities?
Here are 10 SkinMD recommended tips for summer-healthy skin:
3. Quench. Cool. Hydrate- As summer heats up, cool off and refresh your skin with Mystic Hydrating Mist. Mystic is a superior moisturizer for oily and blemish-prone skin. This refreshing mist offers intense hydration and protection for sensitive and problem skin and can also be used to set mineral makeup.
4. Powder your nose…again- Don’t forget to reapply every two hours while you are out and about. The commonly forgot areas to apply and reapply your sunscreen are ears, back of neck and calves, tops of feet, eyelids, lips and scalp. Our favorite way to reapply sunscreen all day long is Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30.
5. Your inner Audrey- For optimal sun protection you will need a wide brim, tightly woven hat, not a baseball cap when you are out and about.
6. Control melasma- those pesky patches of pigment worsen during the summer. In addition to judicious sun protection throughout the day, SkinMD recommends DermaCeutic Yellow Cream Dark Spot Concentrate, Mela Cream or Results Rx X-Cell+. These prescription strength formulations combine skin brighteners and pigment correctors with powerful antioxidants and botanical extracts to lighten, brighten and even skin tone.
7. Summer acne-care- The sweating and heat of summer can exacerbate acne breakouts. Keep breakouts at bay by staying true to your daily acne-care routine. Boost breakout control by using your Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser or Results Rx Rx Clean to balance sebaceous activity and improve exfoliation.
8. Special care for eyes- The fragile skin around the eyes is particularly susceptible to summer environment. Dr. Balogun likes Regenica Revitalizing Eye Crème. Formulated with revolutionary MRCx™ next generation growth factor technology and advanced peptides, powerful antioxidants, and superior moisturizing agents, this light weight eye treatment absorbs quickly to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles while reducing puffiness and the appearance of dark under-eye circles.
9. Eat well to enhance you SPF and antioxidant skin protection- There is increasing evidence that oral intake of antioxidant vitamins C and E together, can limit the risk of sunburn. One of the wonderful advantages of living in the pacific northwest is that summer brings a multitude of fruits and vegetables replete with antioxidants and other nutrients that support healthy skin and body. Your best summer meals this summer may be a kale and spinach salad with tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries and sprinkled with carrot shavings, walnuts and black-eyed peas.